Four Housing's Handyperson service works across County Durham. We provide practical help and advice to our customers who are over 60, disabled, at high risk of falling or vulnerable in other ways. Our service aims to support customers to live independently, safely and comfortably in their own homes. We take self referrals from the general public and referrals from a range of Social Care and Health professionals.
In 2016 the Handyperson Service was awarded a commendation in the Handyperson Service of the year awards in recognition of its support for clients across County Durham.
- Handyperson tasks - Small tasks and minor repairs up to 2 hours. For examples of handyperson jobs please click here
- Minor adaptations service - For examples of common minor adaptations please click here
- Minor adaptations for people leaving hospital
- Telecare equipment installations e.g. keysafes
- Home safety checks with practical guidance on how to address issues and referrals to appropriate services such as energy efficiency schemes
- A charge of £15 per visit (inclusive of VAT) for up to an hour is payable by the client.
This can cover one or more different jobs carried out within that time. If the jobs take
over one hour an additional £15 will be payable. Clients will be asked to pay for materials
used (at cost price) unless you supply them yourself.
- In all circumstances, any work which may be chargeable would be discussed fully with the customer prior to any work being carried out on their behalf.
For more information about accessing our services please get in touch with us
You can call us on: 0300 456 2220
You can text us on: 07764241076
The County Durham Handyperson service is a jointly commissioned service funded by Durham County Council, North Durham Clinical Commissioning Group and Durham Dales, Easington and Sedgefield Clinical Commissioning Group.