Here you will find information about how we'll protect your personal information and how you can find out more about our data protection processes.
Our Personal Data Policy contains the standards you can expect when we ask for, or hold, your personal information. It also covers what we ask of you, to help us keep information up to date.
We know how important it is to protect your privacy. If we ask for your personal information we will:
- Let you know why we need it
- Only ask for what we need
- Obtain your explicit consent for processing your data where the law says we must
- Make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- Let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better services, and whether you can say no
- Only keep it for as long as we need to
- Not make it available for commercial use (such as marketing) without your permission
In return, to help us keep your information reliable and up to date, we ask you to:
- Give us accurate information
- Tell us as soon as possible of any changes, such as a new address
In dealing with your personal information, we will also:
- Value the personal information you give to us and make sure we respect that trust
- Abide by the law when it comes to handling personal information
- Consider the privacy risks when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as introducing new systems
- Provide training to staff who handle personal information
- Respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly
You have a right to find out if we process any personal information about you.
To help us give you the information you want, we need you to tell us which Four Housing services you have been dealing with and, if you can, give us an indication of the time periods you would like information on.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding it
- Tell you to whom it could be disclosed
We never sell, rent or lease information about our Tenants and service users but may disclose or exchange personal information where necessary within the Four Housing group of companies or externally with other authorities and organisations where deemed necessary or where we are required to do so by Law, for example, the Police, Courts, Benefits and other Government agencies and local councils.
We operate contracts with the third party organisations and business partners that provide services on our behalf and may share some of your personal data with them but only where it is necessary and legitimate for us to do so for the purposes of running our business and the services we offer, such as:
- Property management, development, maintenance and repairs, our Handy Persons services and property valuations
- Social Care and support services
- Billing Agents for the purpose of preparing and submitting rent accounts, rent administration and statement production
- Financial Management, arrears support, debt recovery, fraud prevention and detection
- Credit reference agency searches, affordability and credit risk assessments
- Identity verification, validation of personal data accuracy and tracing tenants/former tenants
- Community Development and Community Safety Schemes
- Complaints, Mediation and Arbitration services
- Research, statistical analysis and service improvement
Sensitive categories of personal data such as physical or mental health records will not be processed or disclosed without your consent and we use industry-standard security technologies and controls to keep your data secure.
There may be limited circumstances where we share your information with third parties without telling you but this would only be where the law requires it, for example, crime prevention and detection purposes under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Four Housing staff are trained to treat any personal details in the strictest confidence, in compliance with the Data Protection Act. Any deliberate or negligent breaches of our Data Protection policy are disciplinary offences.
Four Housing will retain as little named information as possible about individuals at every stage of our services. Exceptions are where long-term follow up is needed, or the law or professional guidance requires us to keep the information for extended periods.
We check the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal information and wish to make a complaint, or you wish to ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, (Subject Access Request) please complete the form at the bottom of this page. If you are requesting personal information on behalf of another individual then please complete the Consent Form at the bottom of this page. In both instances send your completed form to the Four Housing Data Protection Officer at:
Three Rivers House
Abbeywoods Business Park
If you would like to make a Subject Access Request, the completed form must be accompanied by a £10 fee made out to Three Rivers Housing Association. We will provide you with the information you are entitled to receive within 40 days of receiving your request and as soon as we have confirmed your identity.
When we ask you for your Personal Data we will keep to the law. For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can go to the the UK Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk
or contact his office:
Phone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 524510
|Subject Access Request Form